If your Connecticut house is facing a foreclosure, and you want to avoid it… or if you just need to sell your Connecticut house fast for another reason (you inherited a house, relocating and need to sell, lost your job, agent can’t sell your house, etc.)… then one of the best options that you can consider is thinking about finding someone to buy your Connecticut house for cash.
You know, by doing this, you will not only profit by improving your credit rating, have peace of mind, but also get extra money into your pocket.
Your credit score, which if you didn’t know is an important aspect of your financial life. Everything you need to keep you going in life revolves around that score. Want a place to live? Buying a house or renting they will check your credit score. Do you wan to a job that you need to drive to? Buying or leasing a car will require a good credit score. If you don’t have enough cash to deal with expensive repairs you need a credit card and a good credit score. If you sell your house fast your credit score will remain untainted, since you will settle your debt in time, and you can use the extra cash from your sale in other projects. But, you have to figure out the current market conditions. That is, find out factors that are likely to influence the value of your home… before getting ready to sell it. Remember, when your house is foreclosed, you will lose your property as well as your credit rating. You can’t just stay there. They will bring the marshals and they will drag you out of your house. You will lose your house, your credit will be ruined and you will be in a deeper hole than you started.
Buy My House for Cash in Connecticut: The Plan
The first step that you need to take in order to sell your Connecticut house fast to someone else with a “buy my Connecticut house for cash” mentality, is to come up with a solid game plan.
Your real estate agent should help you come up with this. Work with them. Tell them what you want to do. “I want to sell my house fast. I want to get some cash in my pocket.” Be sure to negotiate with your lender as you contact an agent. You have to win them over. They are going to want to take your house if you aren’t paying for it. So you have to get them to understand that you are working on it as you speak. Your agent is well informed regarding the sale of these types of properties in your area. The agent should have the latest report on property values in order to help you get the right price for your house. Don’t try to play games with them. If they have a strategy it will work if they are an experienced agent with years of buying and selling houses behind them.
1. Why do you need to sell?
So, take a day, sit down and thinking to yourself, “Why am I selling my house?” You know, just having a real heart-to-heart with yourself. It’s like, do I want a change of scenery, a fresh start, or maybe just some extra cash in the pocket? Try to figure out if it’s time for a new chapter or what.
With all the craziness of being foreclosed on or a divorce or the mad rush to relocate you want to reflect on where you are and where you want to be. It’s not just about selling a house fast for cash; it’s about what are you selling it for? Do you want a better life? Do you want to be free of the stress? Do you want to finally have some calm in your life? Just trying to make sense of it all.
2. How fast do you need to sell?
This is one of the most important first decisions you need to make… because this really determines what options you really have. If you have more time… you have more options open to you.
If you have less time… your options are a fewer… but you still have great options out there.
If you need to sell in less than 2 months (or even less time than that), you likely don’t have the time to list your house with an agent. You need to get through the whole process in a week or two. You’ll likely have to try to sell the house yourself (if you know how to) or sell your house to a local professional house buyer like Next Door Properties (or you can call us at 860-704-9513 and we can make you a fast-fair all-cash offer on your Connecticut area house). We’ll start the process fast and get you in and out in as little as a week.
3. How much do you need to sell your Connecticut house for?
Note that above it says “how much do you need” to sell for. If you’d like to sell your house for full retail… but you have to sell your house fast and can’t afford to list it with a real estate agent… you need to have a come to Jesus moment about what you need to get out of your house sale.
That’ll help guide you to your true options for selling.
If the price you “need” to get doesn’t leave room for a real estate agents commission… you may need to look at selling the house FSBO or getting an offer from a local real estate house buying company like us… to see if that gets you closer to where you need to end up.
On the flip side… if you need near full-retail value and you can wait it out for a retail buyer to come along, kick the tires, go through all the contingencies, and who can pay that price… list your house on the MLS. If you don’t have the time… talk to us for a fast cash offer on your house (we can make you an offer in less than 24 hours and close in as little as 7 days if you need to, with all cash).
4. Look into your options and take action now!
Like I mentioned above, if you’re looking for someone who can say “yes”! when you ask them to “buy my Connecticut house for cash”… the main things you need to determine yourself are:
- How fast you NEED to sell
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale
Once you know those… look at your options below as a quick guide to help you decide which options may work for you with your local Connecticut house sale.
- Real Estate Agent: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell and can afford the 6+% in commissions on the sale. If so, going with an agent will likely get you your highest price on your property… and then they deduct their fee.
- Local Real Estate Investor / House Buyer: If you need to sell fast, we can buy your Connecticut house in as little as 7 days. We won’t be able to pay full-retail on your house… but we don’t charge any fees at all. What we offer you is what we pay you. If you value your time, which we all have precious little of, and a quick sale more than making a few extra bucks 6 months from now… call us today at 860-704-9513 or click the link below to fill out our online fast offer form.
- For Sale By Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but can’t afford the 6+% in commissions to an agent, you may want to try to sell it yourself. You’ll still have to deal with retail buyers that will kick the tires and try to nickel and dime you on the price like it was a Craigslist ad. But you might get a little more than if you went with an agent.
- Talk To Your Bank: If your mortgage is “underwater” or you’re in or nearing foreclosure… your first step may be to talk to your bank to see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can at least guide you in a direction to lessen the burden. There are still a lot of programs around after COVID that can even keep you in your house.
We can help you strategize how to sell your Connecticut house fast. Give us a call at 860-704-9513 for help selling your house fast, or fill out our form to see if your property qualifies for a fast, fair all-cash offer.
There are several reasons why you may be thinking “buy my Connecticut house for cash – please let it be that simple” (and it can be). Regardless of your reasons, you need to prepare your house for sale just as you would any other product. A thoughtful preparation WILL turn your home into an attractive option for buyers. Doing it this way, you can sell your house fast and get top dollar.